We are searching data for your request:
Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Infection of the scalp, ringworm is due to fungi, dermatophytes. Nothing serious, but it is very contagious! How to recognize it, treat it? We take stock of this fungal infection.
How do you recognize ringworm?
- It is a localized condition on the scalp, caused by microscopic fungi proliferating at the hairline. This fungal infection is easily identifiable. It mainly affects children. The child often scratches his head on a well-defined area. At this point, his hair falls in plates and if you observe this "clearing", you will see that the skin is thin and "crusted". Small, round, reddish patches appear.
How is she getting caught?
- Most often, it is a dog or a cat that transmits ringworm. But contamination by contact with another person also exists. When children lend themselves a hat, swap their towels or share the same pillow ... this hair infection circulates.
- In principle, the nursery, nursery school or school are entitled to refuse small "dingy" until the disappearance of contagiousness.
How to get rid of it?
- The doctor takes a local sample to have it analyzed to determine its origin. While waiting for the results, he will prescribe your child antifungal treatment for six to eight weeks. Regularly, examinations will be carried out to check the efficiency of the treatment.
- If the mycological analyzes reveal that the ringworm is of human origin, the family members will all be examined and possibly treated to stop its propagation as soon as possible.
- If they indicate that it has been transmitted by a domestic animal, it is the latter that will be treated.